Teaching yourself SEO can be a challenging, but it isn’t impossible.
Website Design & Development
You will need, at the minimum, a basic understanding of HTML and the components of a web page
- Web Page Development: Learn the basic languages needed to create and style webpages such as HTML, Cascading Style Sheets, and Adobe Dreamweaver. Taught in a non-technical and step-by-step manner.
- Web Page Design Using HTML5 and CSS3: Learn how to use HTML5 elements and CSS3 style sheets for responsive web design.
It should come as no surprise the best AdWords tutorials are produced by Google.
The AdWords Fundamentals Study Guide is an online guide designed for those intending to get AdWords certified, but it is also useful to anyone interested in learning AdWords basics.
Some argue that Bing Ads Beat Google AdWords. Regardless, Bing is certainly worth looking into.
Like Google, Bing has developed a comprehensive training program with a pathway to become a Bing Ads Accredited Professional
Content Creation & Optimization
Content is one of three confirmed Google ranking factors. Having a top-notch content marketing program is not a luxury, but a necessity to ensure any measure of organic success.
If you are looking to hone your content marketing skills, check out:
Local SEO: Citation Building & Clean-up
Keep in mind that mobile search is local search. Currently, 50 percent of mobile searches have local intent. That stat could easily go higher.
Local SEO is a unique. The right profiles, combined with good citations and consistent NAP, is what lays the foundation for appearing in the Google local pack.
If you aren’t sure what any of that means or you want to learn more about local SEO, you should investigate:
- The Ultimate Guide to Local SEO Ranking: The premise of the guide is “If you want to be found, you need to be visible” and it takes you through the steps necessary to accomplish just that.
- Where to get Citations: Is a guide for anyone who wants to learn how to build and earn citations, which are the lifeblood of local search.
- How to Do a Local SEO Audit in 30 Minutes: Like all things SEO, local can be done the wrong way creating an anchor on your site rather than providing lift. This audit will help you analyze your situation and determine if you need a cleanup.
The kinds of links that I’m talking about meet Google webmaster guidelines. They have nothing in common with links “built” using various link schemes.
If you want to learn about link building the right way, read:
- Illustrated Guide to Link Building (eBook): This comprehensive guide from Search Engine Journal will illustrate why, when, and how you should execute each link building technique to gain actual and desirable results.
- SEO Link Building Basics: This Udemy course offers an introduction to link building, focusing on fundamentals and link prospecting.
- The Noob Friendly Guide to LinkBuilding: Overwhelmed by link building? Not sure where to begin? This guide not only discusses theory, but teaches actionable, link building skills.
Beginner’s Guide to Social Media Strategy: This SEJ guide is chock full of best practices and actionable recommendations. What is Social: In this online course, students learn about the goals, structure, and deliverables of social marketing. The Power of Social Media.
Facebook has taken a page from the Google playbook and developed their own elearning and certification programs.
Ads on Instagram
- Instagram Help Center
- Instagram Business Blog
Twitter Ads, Inbound Marketing
- Video Marketing Primer: Learn the basic strategies necessary to develop an online video campaign.
- YouTube Marketing: This guide details the steps for creating.